Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the pastUse specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the past

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Everyone pursues happiness since ancient times. But today's world is so dynamic that people are less happy than those in the past. Does it make sense? Personally, I disagree with the statement because there is evidence that people are actually happier now compared to the ancestors: more leisure activities, and lesser suffering from diseases.

To start with, people in the past must work hard in order to survive and happiness for them was not to work and no worries about their survival. For example, before the emancipation of the slaves in America, their lives were tantamount to work all day around the year. In contrast, nowadays, almost no one has to work like them and besides enjoy spare times with others relaxing such as going to the movies or fun fairs.

Additionally, thanks to technological breakthroughs, human beings can live longer. Small illnesses such as cold or flu could claim lives in the past while they are easily handled with one visit to the doctors today. And vaccines have saved millions of people from not undergoing some maladies. Moreover, developments like airplanes make people's life more convenient than before in that traveling from one place to another takes a little time which could be crucial for surviving. For instance, when some citizen of Nigeria has no access to the cure of his or her illness, that person can travel to European developed countries for remedies. Or trains that help civilians of belligerent nations to flee to safer sites.

In short, one form of happiness is less suffering and since today people enjoy more than in the past working less and having longer life expectancy, they are in fact happier than those in the past.

------------------------