Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Employers should be required to provide smoking areas for their employees who smoke cigarettes

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
Employers should be required to provide smoking areas for their employees who smoke cigarettes.

Today, a large number of people are accustomed to smoke frequently in different places. And smoking at many work places is a commonplace happening. Although providing particular place at work for smoking may seem encouraging smokers to continue their habit, it would be a good idea to please other employees who do not smoke or even hate it.

Undoubtedly, when specific places are allocated to smoking at office buildings, smoking as a threat to people’s life might seem accepted as a benign fact. And it should be forbidden in public places such as work places for its detrimental impacts on people’s health. First, it can gradually influence lung of the smoker devastatingly and ends up with respiratory diseases. For instance studies have shown that a considerable number of lung-related diseases such as lung cancer or other chronic conditions, including heart attack, are caused by smoking. Second, it not only hurts the smokers but also causes problems for persons who are exposed to the smoke of a cigarette and inhale that. For example, it is proved that the children whose parents are addicted to smoking would have respiratory problems.

However, since smoking has become a prevalent habit for the smokers who are growing at an alarming rate, prohibiting it at work places may not seem viable. According to this situation it would be beneficial to put a special place at work for smoking times of employees. One reason is that smokers would not hesitate other employees who dislike smoking. In other words, employees who are not interested in smoking or suffer from diseases such as heart problems would not be at the risk of breathing in polluted area. Another reason is that by limiting smoking to a specific place it would not be considered as pleasant activity. And to some extent, it is demonstrated as an unwanted situation by the public when it is permitted only in limited circumstances.

Finally, it can be concluded that although smoking is not accepted as a favorable activity, due to its inevitability, employers would rather put a particular place for smokers at work.