Every generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generation different from your parents’ generation? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer

Time comes in and flies back. Thus with the passing time, important changes occur in the real world. Evolution of humans from the apes, itself illustrates that human beings have been experiencing changes with the time flying away. Hence it is evident that our generation is different from our parents’ generation and there are numerous reasons for the same.

The gap between our generation and our parents’ generation is more than 20 years minimum. Thus, it is evident to find certain changes between these two generations. The technology then, and now has a tremendous difference. In their time, technology was about the inventions of things or products. But when it comes down to our generation it is about the practical applications of those products and finding ways to substitute them. A very good example is a mobile phone. It was invented when our parents were young, also that time a mobile phone would cost you loads of money. But now, it is easier to buy a mobile phone and to use it. Firstly people use to wait in queues to pay off their bills or to do banking activities. But when it comes to our generation, bills are paid with the help of internet; also the banking is quite replaced by E- banking. This implies that life has become easier from their generation to our generation.

The second change you observe is about the way people wear clothes. Our parents’ generation were adhered to the formal wears but our generation wear casuals generally. The then Bell Bottom trousers are replaced by Low waist Jeans in our generations. A significant change is found between the ways of thinking. Their generation used to follow the principle of “hard work pays off” but our generation accepts “hard work pays off, but late; smart work pays off sooner”. Another change you observe is in the field of entertainment. For example, movies then used to be mostly about romance or horror stories. But in our generation we have got movies about real life incidents, politics, thrillers, etc. The taste of music has changed too, between the two generations.

One more thing to observe as a change between these generations is the education system. The education system twenty years ago, used to emphasize on theoretical accepts. But in today’s world practical aspects are more emphasized upon. The use of computers has changed the theory oriented lectures to the audio-video lectures which help to grasp concepts in a better way. We also observe the changes in curriculum of the schools are different which our parents had studied earlier. For example, the subjects like computer science, political science,etc have been added up in the past 10 years. Also, varied courses have been introduced which offer various job opportunities.

To summarize up, there have been significant changes between our generation and our parents’ generation. Their life involved simplicity and lesser competition. Whereas our generation involves more competition, modernized technology and a lazy approach towards life.

Some duplicate words or sentences. Look: