The expression “Never, never give up” means to keep trying and never stop working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Some people may support the idea that we should never give up before we achieve our desired goals. However, I disagree with the statement for several reasons. We should use the perseverance in the right situation, and understand the importance to adjust ourselves to accomplish the ultimate pursuit.

We should define the motto, “Never give up”, in a more precise way. What we can’t give up is the core issue that is worthy of consideration. Sometimes, owing to certain reasons like the overall social context, it seems difficult for us to really achieve the goal. Therefore, we should further examine the essence of the objective and maybe replace it with the more practical one. For example, my uncle always wanted to be a P.E. teacher. Unfortunately, due the decreasing number of students out of low birth rate, the opportunities for being teachers are very rare. Thus, he turned his focus to another job with the similar features—the private coach at fitness center. Now, he is a successful trainer at the facility, and enjoys every moment in teaching sports skills. Thus, giving up the current goal is not necessarily bad. Once we clarify what we actually want, we probably can identify another easier one and gain the same happiness and pride in realizing it.

In addition, the ways of achieving our goals are equally important. How we can navigate ourselves out of difficulties depends on whether we understand when to “take turns” when obstacles come. The proverbs “never give up” are not supposed to be what hinders us from finding more creative solutions. Take me as an example. I have learned English for many years. For years, I have been memorizing vocabulary simply by reading textbooks. Nevertheless, not until recently do I realize the way has always been problematic. Thus, I switch to a new method—learning English through movies and dramas. Now, I can speak more fluently in more idiomatic English.

In conclusion, I believe that we should not be stubborn in our goals and ways to achieve them. Thus, the saying “never give up” should be used in the right place. Never should we forget we are pursuing, but we can always adjust ourselves a little to accomplish those goals.

due the decreasing number
due to the decreasing number