Holidays honor people or events. If you could create a new holiday, what person or event would it honor and how would you want people to celebrate it? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Russia is famous for its huge celebrations, full of joy and happiness. All members of the family gather around the table to congratulate each other and exchange the presents. Even though the family habits are strong, I feel that another celebration will not be too much. In my opinion, the equivalent of American «Thanksgiving day» will be a great time-spending. Let us call it «Den` Spasibo».

First and foremost, I think this holiday will strengthen the relationships between the varieties of generations. For instance, being a student of the foreign university will tear us apart for a bit, but participation in «Den` Spasibo» will give me a lot of support, strength and sentimental feelings. What is more, I have already imagined buying import presents at which my grandparents will look with a great admiration. Therefore, this celebration is a splendid example of strong communication between relatives.

Secondly, I want «Den` Spasibo» to be a day of regard for God and what he is doing for us. Again, there are even too much Orthodox holidays in Russia that not every person can remember. Those celebrations are just for limited circle of people who are involved in all the processes, but «Den` Spasibo» from my propensity is a holiday that brings all the people back home to pray. That is a right habit of Americans to thank God before the repast and I feel that our country should adopt it.

Last but not the least, I certainly consider this holiday to be alcohol free. For example, Russian table almost breaks because of the amount of food and beverages, which is in my view is just a show. On the contrary, I celebrated some holidays with foreigners and I have got more emotions while talking on different issues rather than filling my abdomen. Simple dressings and juices will be very appropriate for such family-celebration.

As a result, we have a very homelike celebration with fun, affection and regards.