Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Sometimes, people decide to travel to another location different from their base, to re-invigorate their lives and stay away from worries. When this happens, they try not to be lonely and idle. They try to keep themselves busy. Many of these people choose to visit museums in their new locality. Why do they choose to visit museums? There are many reasons why these people choose to visit museums.

First, people choose to visit museums when they travel to stay away from their worries. The idle mind they say, is the devil's workshop. When people stay idle, they tend to think so much about their troubles. They tend to choose the wrong means as a way of easing themselves. To avoid these issues, such travelers tend to keep themselves busy by visiting museums. When they visit museums, they occupy their minds with things they see in the museums. This way they forget their worries.

Also, people who travel visit museums for tourism and leisure. Museums house beautiful artifacts that make so much meaning to our lives. Travelers choose to visit museums to see and appreciate the beauty of the items in the museum. They learn so much by seeing these artifacts and asking questions.

Finally, people visit museums to learn history. Museums serve as storage for items that tell stories. These stories are part of history and culture of different societies and people visit the museums to learn and understand these histories and culture in a better way. They may have heard the stories, however, stories told with pictures are easier to remember. For example, when we visited Oka, in the south-eastern part of Nigeria, I chose to visit the museum, to learn about the Aguleri people. These people are known to be great blacksmiths. When I visited the museum, I saw sculptures of the early men in Aguleri, the instruments they used in their blacksmith. The pictures told a lot of stories. There, I also learnt that the Aguleri people are equally great thieves. They used the power of their blacksmiths to mold powerful weapons that they used to attack and rob people. The historian we met at the museum, told us of how the people attacked, robbed and raised down a village in Nnewi. If I hadn't visited this museum, my knowledge of the Aguleri people, would have been limited to blacksmith.

In conclusion, people visit museums when they travel for so many reasons - to ease their worries, for leisure and tourism, and to learn the history and culture of the place and the surroundings. Museums are able to provide services that give satisfaction to these people. When next I travel, I will look for a local museum and visit.

Some duplicate words or sentences. Look: