People work because they need money to live What are some other reasons that people work Discuss one or more of these reasons Use specific examples and details to support your answer

People work because they need money to live. What are some other reasons that people work? Discuss one or more of these reasons. Use specific examples and details to support your answer.

Everyone in this world works in a different job or profession in order to earn his or her livelihood. Most of the people are driven to work because of money which helps them in sustaining their present life and future. But apart from money, there are many reasons people select and continue to work like interest in a particular field, to avoid boredom and monotonous life, to learn new things in life, external motivation (by others) to take up a particular job etc.

One of the major reason people work and continue to excel in their field is their specific predeliction towards a particular field. Different people have varied interest and in order to pursue the same they choose an appropriate and an analogous job or profession, which helps them in realizing their dreams and passion. An engineer from an affluent family doesn't need to toil hard in the field in the hot summer and that too for a scanty renumeration; but there these engineers who work on the shop floors, on field jobs, and off shore jobs do so in order to pursue their interest. It's the nature of the work which drives the people not the pay package that they are taking back home.

Another example to support the above point is of the cricket commentators in India. Most of these people are former cricketers who have served the nation by playing at international level; they were well paid during their heydays and still are paid after their retirement as per the pension policies. Most of these orators and analyst are not in the dire need of money and yet they take up the job of commentary after retirement only for a minute salary. It's their interest in the game of cricket (which was their work for most of their life) that does not allow them to stay from the game and compels them to stay connected with it in any possible form and one of which is the commentary.

Another reason that drives people to work is to avoid monotony and boredom that creeps in the routine of idle people. Most of the people think absence of any accountable work makes them languid and obtuse. It also affects their creativity and thinking abilities. Sitting idle for most part of the day at home also brings about a mental retardness in people and the same old diurnal routine makes life of people insipid and boring. This compels people to take up any profession as per their qualifiaction and interest.

To conclude, while money is the still the major factor which drives people to work; there are many minor factors also like: interest in a particular field, internal motivation to prove one's capabilities, to avoid boredom, and to learn new things and subjects in future endeavours.

Sentence: One of the major reason people work and continue to excel in their field is their specific predeliction towards a particular field.
Error: predeliction Suggestion: prediction

Sentence: An engineer from an affluent family doesn't need to toil hard in the field in the hot summer and that too for a scanty renumeration; but there these engineers who work on the shop floors, on field jobs, and off shore jobs do so in order to pursue their interest.
Error: renumeration Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: Sitting idle for most part of the day at home also brings about a mental retardness in people and the same old diurnal routine makes life of people insipid and boring.
Error: retardness Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: This compels people to take up any profession as per their qualifiaction and interest.
Error: qualifiaction Suggestion: qualification