Schools Should Ask Students To Evaluate Their Teachers Do You Agree Or Disagree Use Specific Reasons And Examples To Support Your Answer

Schools Should Ask Students To Evaluate Their Teachers. Do You Agree Or Disagree? Use Specific Reasons And Examples To Support Your Answer.

Whether students should have the privilege to evaluate their teachers is a sensitive and contemplating issue. Many argue that students should not be granted such a thing because it can lead to misuse. However, I support the students having the right to evaluate and provide feedback to their teacher. To me it is essential, if a professional and collaborating academic system is to be built. I have the following reasons to support my view point.

First, feedback is always a good thing in any working system involving humans. Without feedback, it leaves no room for constructive criticism and does not create the scope to improve upon. In an academic setting, we can clearly imagine how important it can be. Coming to the dynamics of feedback, it should be always two ways and reciprocating in nature. While the students are continually getting evaluated through assignments, exams and finally in terms of their grades, the teachers too should be evaluated, albeit through different mechanisms. It can be a questionnaire given to the students or having a personal meeting with the students. With these kind of feedback, the teacher can connect to the students and find out what are the things the students are looking for in a class.

Second, a two way feedback system in an University would build a professional and competitive environment. This would be a booster to the career of the faculty. With a student rating system in place, the teachers would work harder to fine tune their course delivery and maintain their high degree of repute. The university can also provide certain incentives and award for the teachers with high student rating. Overall, it would bolster the academic quality and reputation of an university.

Third, the student feedback mechanism can evolve to a prolific data collection tool for educational research purpose. It would allow the authorities to understand the student psychology and what kind of matter they look for in a course and it's delivery. So, essentially the data can be an crucial input on course designing and coming up with novel ideas on course delivery and evaluation.

In conclusion, I support the idea of students providing feedback to their teachers.