Some parents forbid young children from owning smart phones (cell phones with Internet access), while others disagree and believe that they are important tools for keeping in touch. Which point of view do you think is better, and why?

Technology is ingrained in everybody's life today. From a small child to an old man, everybody uses technology in diurnal activities. Smart phones are most widely spread in global market, and by market I mean in every aspect from communication to online shopping. A person without smart phone feel helpless at some extent, so having a smart phone is not a bad thing.

Many parents feel that their children are better off smart phones. They do have some points in their argument, but benefits of having a smart phone can far outweighed the negative effects that a phone can shadow. For example, a smart phone can get a child in touch with technology, know how of natural phenomena etc. It brings the curiosity in a child. News is one of the best useful medium for the children's awareness. A smart phone with an internet connection can keep a child updated 24/7 about the whole world. Smart phones can provide a platform where children can read anything they like, and abreast themselves with the latest change in the interested field.

A smart phone can also works as a safety material when a child is alone. Consider a situation where one child is in danger, if he/she has a smart phone than he/she can call the cops as well. Internet has the tremendous amount of potential to make positive impact on the children. Children can learn whatever they want with the help of internet. For instance, everyone knows about a website called "Youtube", and by using this website a child can get video teaching of the interested topic. Children can get free education on the internet as well. Lots of websites are providing free coaching classes to help all the children.

We can not ignore the negative aspects of the Internet because in some cases children do misuse it and ruin their future. Pornography is one of factor which parents do take into count while considering hazardous things on internet. But as we all know every coin has two sides. We should not undermine the positive power of the internet just because of possible misuse of it.

A person without smart phone feel helpless
A person without smart phone feels helpless

benefits of having a smart phone can far outweighed the negative effects
benefits of having a smart phone can far outweigh the negative effects

A smart phone can also works as a safety material
A smart phone can also work as a safety material

Pornography is one of factor
Pornography is one of factors