What is the qualities and characteristics of your generation?

The habits, culture of society changes over time. For example, if we look into the history, we can easily see that believes, customs, cultures, even the languages have drastically changed with the amelioration of science and technologies with time. The lifestyles of people of two thousand years ago are totally different from ours. But, this change doesn't happen in a short time, it makes its ways day-by-day. So, it is natural that the characteristics of our generation, though not too much, but is different in some aspects.

Only fifty years ago, there was no such fierce competition in academic or professional life, but now-a-days, this rat-race becomes so merciless that if, someone wastes a little of his precious time, he will falter in due time. Thus, our generation is always engaged in cramming up things to excel in their future career and to secure a sumptuous salary to lead an extravagant life.

But, our generation has also got the opportunity to spend their time using hi-tech accessories like cell-phone, laptop, i-pad etc. Though these things have their advantages, but they are not devoid of disadvantages and one of the most detrimental effects is that students indulge themselves in the usage of these technologies so much that they, sometimes, become oblivious of preparing their lessons. Moreover, the applications like facebook, sms, whatsapp in cell-phone distract the mind of the students during lecture-hours. On the other hand, with the facility of internet, we can get the information about every sphere of lives in a mouse-click, thus, it helps us to prepare our lessons. Moreover, through internet we can also submit our application for taking admission in foreign universities, which was a trouble-some job few years ago.

In a nut-shell, in my opinion, our generation though equipped with high level technologies, always struggles to survive in the fierce competitive environment and sometimes, when one fails to achieve his aspiration, takes his own life or becomes addicted in inimical drugs. So, they need more attention from their parents and it is essential to guide them and support them properly so that they can overcome their frustration in due time.

The habits, culture of society changes over time
The habits, culture of society change over time

Though these things have their advantages, but they are
Description: don't put 'though' 'but' in one sentence.

when one fails to achieve his aspiration, takes his own life or becomes addicted in inimical drugs.
when one fails to achieve his aspiration, it takes his own life or becomes addicted in inimical drugs.