When people move to another country, some of them decide to follow the customs of the new country; others prefer to keep their own customs. Compare these two choices. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons support your answer.

Surely moving to another country is not an easy issue and it can also be named as a significant task. Moreover while some people try to continue with their “homeland” customs there are some people who believe that they must replace some of their old habits and replace them with the ones that exists in the country that they will be living. Both are possible but of course both choices would have different results for the foreigner.

Firstly, one of the biggest topics is adaptation. The way of adaptation might vary for all of us but we should keep in mind that if we want to adapt quickly to the society in this new country we recently moved in we have to get used to the customs of this country. It is not really wise to eat the same dishes, to for the same tastes. If people in our neighbourhood go out on Saturdays we must not stay at home and watch to recent news from our country. One should not get himself isolated in such a scenario since it is already tough to become a part of the community. It is a good choice to send our kids to a school for foreigners but they should not be the only friends of our kids if we want them to get socialized. Besides we must pretend to be seen weird in the face of other people. One of my friend’s neighbours was an Indian family. Although he is not a racist guy he was so annoyed of having a picnic with 100 people next to him. It was a traditional day for Indians and they had invited dozens of Indians to celebrate.

Moreover the business life is also another topic to be examined. If our target is to succeed and bring wealth to our family we all have to obey some rules of the business environment of that country even if they are not written or mentioned in our country. For instance, we should not get late to work if it is mandatory to be on time. We mustn’t speak loudly if it gives a bad impression. We cannot leave our car inappropriately in the parking lot of our company. One of my colleagues is a Pakistani guy and he insists to wear the same type of shirt every day in the office, different colours but same style and it is absolutely not appropriate to the business life. Besides he sometimes wants to walk barefoot and intends to do it. Ultimately he is warned several times because of this behaviour and of course his traditions were not enough to explain it. Therefore, being a hardworking person and performing incredible might not be enough to hold on to business environment.

All in all, it is always a great adventure to live and work abroad. However we must leave some traditions behind not for losing our essence but for becoming a part of the community. This choice would position us and our family in a better spot.

with the ones that exists in the country
with the ones that exist in the country

Sentence: We mustn't speak loudly if it gives a bad impression.
Error: mustn Suggestion: must