Which one do you like products made by hand or by machine

Which one do you like: products made by hand or by machine?

In general, there are two ways to make things, either by machine or by hand. No doubt machine made products are manufactured easily and effectively. But my preference goes to hand made products because of their individualism and flexibility.

First of all, hand-made products are more unique and personal. For example, as a jewelry designer, I can understand the meaning and importance of uniqueness very closely. In my shop, every customer wants different kind of design with different color combination. Though, it is hard to imagine new design every time, I try to make each one happy with their choices and personal touch. It is a main advantage of hand made product that one can order it as per liking.

Second, when we think about garments, fitting is the most crucial factor while buying clothes. Customer demands good fitting besides different body posture. We can get variety of clothes in fashion cloth stores but still in this age, some people go to tailor to stitch clothes. Why? Because fitting matters. Handmade clothes always have margin inside, for alteration. Tailor can adjust it according to your measurements.

Third, producing items by hand is more flexible. It gives a chance for people to add their own imagination in the work. For example, hand made pottery making is flexible because people can adjust new designs at any time while processing. On the other hand, machines use same kind of manufacturing process over and over again and produces same pot which might be used by customer five years back. There is no novelty in machine products.

All in all, I like hand made products because of there uniqueness and flexibility. No machine can give a personal touch with memories like hand-made products.