Endotherms are animals such as modern birds and mammals that keep their body temperatures constant. For instance, humans are endotherms and maintain an internal temperature of 37°C, no matter whether the environment is warm or cold. Because dinosaurs were

Both the reading and the lecture talk about ''Endotherm animals'' and discuss if whether dinosaurs were endotherms or not. The reading claims that according to some characteristics that were presented on dinosaurs they should be classified as endotherms. Whereas, the speaker disagrees and says that these characteristics do not prove that dinosaurs were endotherms.

In the first place, the article claims that fossils discovered in the polar region, showed that dinosaurs lived there in the past. The speaker disagrees and claims that in the past the polar region was warmer than it is today, because of this, animals such as the dinosaurs could adapted and lived there. Also, in the polar winter, dinosaurs migrated to other areas or hibernated.

Second, the speaker refutes the point that dinosaur's leg position prove that they were endotherms. He explains that the leg position on dinosaurs does not meant that they were build for running. Rather, this characteristic show us that they were designed in this way in order to grew bigger and support more weight.

Finally, the article says that bone structure identify dinosaurs as endothers because the bones contain haversian canals. On the other hand, the speaker posits that their growth pattern do not define dinosaurs as an endotherm because they had a period were they grew faster, then the growth stopped completely. So, this growth pattern is characteristic of animals that are classify as ''no endotherm''. In addition, dinosaurs did not growth in winter.

discuss if whether dinosaurs were endotherms or not.
discuss whether dinosaurs were endotherms or not.

dinosaurs could adapted and lived there.
dinosaurs could be adapted and lived there.

dinosaur's leg position prove that
dinosaur's leg position proves that

in order to grew bigger and support more weight.
in order to grow bigger and support more weight.

that bone structure identify dinosaurs as endothers
that the bone structures identify dinosaurs as endothers

their growth pattern do not define dinosaurs
their growth patterns do not define dinosaurs

because they had a period were they grew faster
because they had a period when they grew faster

dinosaurs did not growth in winter.
dinosaurs did not grow in winter.