fossil of dinosaur

fossil of dinosaur

The passage asserts that a discovered fossil of a type of dinosaur named Sinosauropteryx shows that that animal had not feathers and provided three reasons of support. The lecture, on the contrary, debunks this idea and says that all evidences in the area is strong and the mentioned reasons provided by the passage is not convincing.

First, the article states that the found remain is fibers which were decomposed from animal skin is similar to lines of feathers after the animal died. The lecture casts doubt on this point by explaining that there was no solid evidence of other animals in the same region while volcanic ashes preserved feathers in the regions. Since, it shows that those lines are the remain of feather not fibers.

Second, it is possible that the remained lines are frills, an ornamental fan-shaped structure, which grows out of Sinosauropteryx's body, according to the reading. The professor disavows this point by saying that frills and feathers have different chemical contents. The feather consists of a type of protein named Betacaraton while frills has no such substances.

Third, the author of the passage claims that feathers on the body of Sinosauropteryx were not functional since they were used to regulate animal's temperature. The professor repudiates this passage' claim reasoning that other animals used those feather as a tool to attract mate. She also states that further analysis reveals that Sinosauropteryx had colorful feather utilizing for display. so this shows that those lines are a great support for Sinosauropteryx's feathers.

the mentioned reasons provided by the passage is not convincing.
the mentioned reasons provided by the passage are not convincing.

the found remain is fibers which were decomposed from animal skin is similar to lines of feathers
the found remains are fibers which were decomposed from animal skin similar to lines of feathers

are the remain of feather not fibers.
are the remains of feather not fibers.

while frills has no such substances.
while frills have no such substances.

------------------------