Integrated essay

Integrated essay

The reading states about united states schooling system, borrowed from europian system and is based on aging system, for instance grade 1 starts at the age of 6 and it continues to primary, intermediate and secondary schools up to grade 12. The professor casts doubt points made in reading by giving following explanations.

First of all, the professor points out that, schooling system don't care about differences individually. All students are not equally mature enough socially, physically and mentally. Some children get maturity at their early birthdays like fourth or fifth and it indicates their readiness to attend schools. On the contrary, reading states that formal schooling starts at the age of six irrespective of any factor.

Secondly, the professor is not agree with the advancement of children to next grade as it depends on fulfilling the requirements. The professor says that evaluation of group should be based on entire curriculum or tests taken throughout the year. The students who have to repeat an entire year will lead to frustrations in children and higher drop out rates from classes. Whereas, reading states that students who are unable to accomplish minimum requirement, have to repeat it again.

Thirdly, Professor says that some students are intelligent and catch things easily and have to wait for new things to learn compared to average students who require time to learn same things. This casts doubt on point made in reading that education system is based on age of the children irrespective of other factors.

schooling system don't care about differences individually
schooling system doesn't care about differences individually

the professor is not agree with
the professor does not agree with

have to repeat it again.
have to repeat it. //repeat means again