New Zealand, located in the southwestern Pacific Ocean, is an island country that geographically comprises of two main landmasses, North Island (Te Ika-a-Māui) and South Island (Te Waipounamu), and several smaller islands. There is evidence that the first

New Zealand, located in the southwestern Pacific Ocean, is an island country that geographically comprises of two main landmasses, North Island (Te Ika-a-Māui) and South Island (Te Waipounamu), and several smaller islands. There is evidence that the first inhabitants of New Zealand moved there around 1300 C.E.

One piece of evidence is the indigenous Polynesion people of New Zealand, the Māori, who originated from settlers arriving in waves of canoe voyages from eastern Polynesia. Over several centuries of isolation on the islands, the Polynesian settlers developed their own culture that would become known as the Māori. They formed their own language, rich mythology, and distinctive crafts and performing arts. Historically the Māori contains 24-27 generations. If each generation averaged approximately 25 years apart then by calculating the number of years multiplied by the number of generation the Māori moved to New Zealand around 1300 C.E.

Also, a pollen study shows that trees were replaced by grass around this time period which would not be caused by forest fires. Therefore it is concluded that it was a result of primitive agriculture and must be of human origin.

Finally, artifact have been dated using radiocarbon dating and show evidence of human occupation from around 1288 C.E. to 1300 C.E. Radiocarbon dating determines the age of an object by using the properties of radiocarbon, a radioactive isotope of carbon, to determine how old an object is depending on how much radiocarbon is still present. By using this process scientists are able to give an estimate of when something originally existed.

The article explains that there is evidence that the first inhabitant of New Zealand moved there around 1300 C.E. and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that the evidence has been reviewed and new conclusion is obtained and refutes each of the Author's reasons.

First, the reading asserts that the indigenous polynesion people of New Zealand, the Maori, were lived there around that time. The professor opposes this point by saying that Maori is settlers from Indonesia, but now the most people who live in New Zealand have the European origin. He adds that those may live there before the Maori.

Second, the article posits that a pollen study that trees were replaced by grass around that time prove the first human inhabitant. On the other hand, the professor explains that the change doesn't prove that human set the fire for agricultural reason; it may related to a natural fire that happen in all forests till now.

Third, the reading claims that artifacts have been dated using the radiocarbon dating and show evidence of human occupation around that time. The professor refutes this point by saying that scientist found a rat bones older than that date which is prove that there were inhabitant before that date. According to the professor rat most be brought to New Zealand with the new settlers because is not an original species to that area.

which is prove that
which is proven that

Sentence: On the other hand, the professor explains that the change doesn't prove that human set the fire for agricultural reason; it may related to a natural fire that happen in all forests till now.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to may and related

with the new settlers because is not an original species to that area.
with the new settlers because it is not an original species to that area.