Reading- 4-Day Workweek The popular 5-day workweek has long been a staple in U.S. business. With employees working 8 hours a day for a total of 40 hours a week, it has been seen as a model of efficiency. However, some companies and government agencies hav

The article states that some companies and government agencies have begun converting 10-hours-a-day and this offers numerous benefits to the business and the employee. However, professor refutes each of the point that made by the article and in addition provides significant evidence to support his own statements.

First, the article states that the 4-day workweek reduces transportation expenses of the employee. The professor refutes this point by saying that, if average employee travels 30 miles a day the expense is 15 -20$ that he could save in 4-day workweek and in whole year employee can save 850$ not more that. So only to save 850$ it is not worth it to change whole structure of employee workweek.

Second, the article states that reducing the working days will also lower the operating cost of most businesses for one day. On the other side, professor says that there is some misguidance in the reading statement because reducing one workday also brings the 20% loss in business because there is no business after the working hours like in evening.

Third, the article says that 4-day workweek will improve the ability of employees to spend time with their families. However, the professor opposes the point by explaining that 10-hours a day also lead the child to stay more in day care and the children who are in schools still have half day school on the employee day-out so there is no meaning of employee day-out.

professor refutes each of the point that made by the article
professor refutes each of the point that was made by the article
or:professor refutes each of the point made by the article

because reducing one workday also brings the 20% loss in business because there is no business after the working hours like in evening.
Description: two 'because'