TPO 1 – Integrated

TPO 1 – Integrated

Both the reading and lecture discussed that in the United States, employees request to work four days instead of five ones and they accept low pay because of their decision. The reading claims that companies and employees who decide to action their decision would profit economical. However, the lecture casts a shadow doubt on what the author asserts and presents some evidences to refute all of them.

First of all, the reading passage argues that by reducing work-day employees could work with a few faults or errors because they are not under pressures. In contrast, the lecture points up the idea that company must spend much money after dwindling work-day. In addition, companies need to add more workers and new employees require more office spaces and computers. Therefore, companies must pay more for training and medical benefit for new workers.

Secondly, in the reading passage, the author asserts that if government prepared conditions to perform this option, the rate of unemployment would be decreased. On the contrary, the professor mentions the view that hiring new worker would be so costly for companies, so they prefer to ask our workers work overtime. So, there is not any workload that other people can take them.

Finally, the reading asserts that employees have more free time and they can spend their time with their family that causes to improve their life. Conversely, the speaker dismisses this issue due to the fact that changing work- day from five days to four days might have risks for employees. Having more free time reduces the quality of the employee's life or their job abilities. In addition, employees maybe lose their job because companies prefer to employ manager who work five days.

accept low pay
accept low payment

companies need to add more workers and new employees require more office spaces and computers.
companies need to add more workers, and new employees require more office spaces and computers.

prefer to employ manager who work five days.
prefer to employ managers who work five days.

Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster