TPO 1, Integrated Writing

In the set of material, both the reading and the lecture are talking about the effects if employees are working four days a week for eight hours each day. The reading states that, the company should offers the employees to work a four -day workweek for 80 percent of their normal pay would benefit the economy as well as the the individual companies and the employees. In contrast the professor says that, these reasons which are mentioned in the reading are unconvincing. And he refutes each point in the reading.

First, the reading claims that, the shortened workweek would increase company profits because employees would feel more rested and alert. However the professor says that, this decision would force the company to spend a lot more money , because they will put extra money for training. In addition , the health benefits of the employees will be the same for 4 or 5 working days. Moreover, the company must buy additional computers for hiring more staff.

Second, the reading says that, companies would have fewer overworked and error prone employees for the same money. And some of their workload would have to be shifted to others. But the professor says that, many more jobs will be available. And the companies will have other options, like they may ask the employees to work overtime. In addition the current job for many employees will be more unpleasant for them.

Last, the reading claims that, the option of four day workweek would be better for individual employees by having extra time to spend it with their families, pursuing private interests , or enjoying leisure activities. But the professor says that, this reason is not right because, it may present some risk to the employee, it may reduces their ability in working, and in result they may loose their jobs. So many companies might prefer 5 days working to ensure high quality work.

Sentence: The reading states that, the company should offers the employees to work a four -day workweek for 80 percent of their normal pay would benefit the economy as well as the the individual companies and the employees.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present tense, 3rd person singular
Suggestion: Refer to should and offers
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the

Sentence: Second, the reading says that, companies would have fewer overworked and error prone employees for the same money.
Description: A noun, singular, common is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to error and prone

Sentence: But the professor says that, this reason is not right because, it may present some risk to the employee, it may reduces their ability in working, and in result they may loose their jobs.
Suggestion: Refer to may and reduces

by having extra time to spend it with their families,
by having extra time to spend with their families,

may loose their jobs
may lose their jobs

Write the essay in 20 minutes.