TPO-27 - Integrated Writing Task The little ice age was a period of unusually cold temperature in many parts of the world that lasted from about the year 1350 until 1900CE. There were unusually harsh winters, and glaciers grew larger in many areas. Scient

The passage and lecture both discuss three hypotheses around the possible causes of the Little Ice Age. The reading indicates three assumptions to explain this global phenomenal that happened from 1350 until 1900CE. In contrast, the professor mentions that unfortunately the reading’s evidences are a little out of date and there is new information for this occurrence. The professor demonstrates three counterarguments.

Firstly, the text posits that the disruptions in ocean currents due to the melted glaciers and cold freshwater can support the Ice Age. The professor refutes this and speaks that the Gulf Stream disturbances can effect only in Europe and North American, but the Ice Age also occurred in the southern hemisphere. So ocean supposition cannot be a description for the Little Ice Age.

Secondly, the article puts out the volcanic eruptions and as result blocking sunlight can be another evidence to illustrate this occurrence. However, the lecturer states that it is true volcanic eruptions put dust into the atmosphere, but these activities also have a striking visible effect. For instance, people should see colorful sunset. While, there are not reports for such a happening or observation. Thus, it seems that eruptions were not strong enough to lower global temperature.

Thirdly, the passage claims reducing in human populations and hence increasing forest growing can be culprit of this Ica Age. The lecturer denies this by explaining that forest growing had not enough time to affect atmosphere. In fact, very soon and by population increasing, forests were cut down again. As a consequence, the mentioned forests were not last long enough to affect global climate.

can effect only in Europe
can affect only in Europe

there are not reports for such a happening
there are no reports for such a happening

can be culprit of this Ica Age.
can be the culprit of this Ica Age.

forests were not last long enough to affect global climate.
forests were not lasting long enough to affect the global climate.