TPO12

Essay topics

Both the reading and the lecture talk about '' Jane Auten'' and a the appearance of a new picture that weather or no might be her. The reading states that there are evidence that support the idea that the girl on the painting is her. In contrast, the speaker refutes this point and states that there are some evidences that might prove that this painting is wrong.

In the first place, the article states that the family give permission to use the portrait as an illustration. In contrast, the speaker disagrees that this fact might be used to prove the authenticity of the painting because when the family gave permission to use the illustration, Jane Auten was already dead for 70 years. That means that even their families who gave the permission did not know her on person.

Second, the article says that the portrait resembles one of Casandra's sketch. The speaker do not agree with this idea because Jame Auten's family was a large family, in other words the person who appears on the paint might have been a relative. Even, some professionals attribute this painting to a relative.

Finally, the article claims that there are evidence that might prove that the painting was done when Jane was a teenager. On the other hand, the speaker thinks that other evidence present on the painting might show another thing. For example, there is one stamp on the back of the painting, that it does not belong to that time. So, base on this stamp, when this painting was done, Jane would have been around 27 years old.

Sentence: Jane Auten'' and a the appearance of a new picture that weather or no might be her.
Description: The token a is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to a and the

the family give permission
the family gives permission

The speaker do not agree with
The speaker does not agree with

other evidence present on the painting might show another thing.
Description: two verbs in one sentence. can you re-write this sentence?

base on this stamp,
based on this stamp,