tpo12

tpo12

The reading claims that recently a professionally painted, full length portrait of a teenage girl owned by a member of the Austen family has come up for sale and there are good reasons to believe she is the subject. In contrast, the professor states that the evidence linked to the portrait is not convincing and the reading arguments are questionable. He refutes each to the author's reasons.

First, the article avers that in 1882, several decades after Austen's death, Austen's family gave permission to use the portrait, , as an illustration in an edition of her letters. However, the lecturer opposes this point by saying that the portrait in 1882 was painted when Austen has been died and she was 70 years old so the member in the portrait may not her. In fact, the painter never had seen Austen herself.

Second, the passage posits that the face in the portrait clearly resembles the one in Cassandra's sketch, which we know depicts Austen. On the other hand, the speaker counters this point by stating that the portrait from the extended family and there were many teenagers females in the family that time. Actually, the professor mention that the girl in the portrait may one of these teeanger and not Austen. He adds that the subject may Maria who is Austen's niece.

Third, the writer asserts that although the painting is unsigned and undated, there is evidence that it was painted when Austen was a teenager. Conversely, the professor casts doubt on this point by explaining that the portrait may not attribute to Humphrey as the passage illustrated since it is not its style. Frankly, there was a stamp in the back of the portrait and it mentions that Williams who sold the portrait. The professor argues that the protrait sold when Austen was 27 years old so this prove that the girl in the portrait is not Austen since she was older that the girl in it.

the professor mention that
the professor mentions that

the subject may Maria
the subject may be Maria

Sentence: Actually, the professor mention that the girl in the portrait may one of these teeanger and not Austen.
Error: teeanger Suggestion: teenager

Sentence: The professor argues that the protrait sold when Austen was 27 years old so this prove that the girl in the portrait is not Austen since she was older that the girl in it.
Error: protrait Suggestion: portrait