TPO15

TPO15

In this set of materials, the reading passage and the lecture discuss about the utility of some clay jars discovered in an ancient vessels in Iraq. The reading passage provides three reasons against the idea that those jars were being used as electric batteries. However, in the lecture, professor supports that the jars were used as the electric batteries by refuting all the three reasons mentioned in the reading passage.

First, according to the reading passage, the jars implored had no any conductors that could be attached to the electricity. While, in the lecture professor rejects this reasons by explaining about the circumstance that those tools were found, as they were discovered by local people not by archeologist. She adds that local people might throw away and overlook some unimportant stuff like wires.

Second, the article describes that the copper cylinder in the jars looked like the thing used for scrolls of sacred text which were found in ruins in Seleucia. On the other hand, professor controverts the claim and cites that the jars look like ancient discoveries after that time, when the Iron rood could be filled by water to produce the heat and light by electricity.

Third, the reading passage mentions that there was no need to those batteries for generating the electricity in the vessels. Nevertheless, professor contradicts this reason by illustrating some importance of the device. She declares that they were interesting for the ancient people as they were like magic power in the hand. Furthermore, they might have been used for healing some muscles pain as doctors were using the same thing in the ancient time.

Sentence: While, in the lecture professor rejects this reasons by explaining about the circumstance that those tools were found, as they were discovered by local people not by archeologist.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to this and reasons

Not 'professor' but 'the professor'