TPO21-Integrated writing

TPO21-Integrated writing

The article states about the benefits of the genetically modified trees and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor says that those trees are not better than natural trees and refutes each of the author’s reasons.

First, the reading claims that the genetically modified trees are designed to be hardier than natural trees. In contrast, the professor explains that the genetically modified trees are uniform and sensitive. For example, if they exposed to an environment challenge they have been not designed for such climate changes, they will die. Moreover, the typical trees are much more resistance for a threatening condition. So, even if most of one kind of trees are killed, few resistance trees will survive.

Second, the author’s explains that the genetically modified trees promise to bring a number of economic benefits to farmers. The professor refutes this point by stating that is hidden costs. He says that the company of genetically modified trees can charge tree farmers more of its seed because by law you have to pay the company every time you plant those seeds.

Third, the passage states that the use of genetically modified trees can prevent overexploitation of wild trees because they are designed for fast growth and yield in geographic condition. The professor counters this point by explaining that the genetically modified trees can grow more aggressively than natural trees and the genetically modified trees can cause more damage to the natural trees by competing on the natural resources in specific geographic areas like sunlight and soil nutrients.

are much more resistance for a threatening condition
are much more resistant for a threatening condition

The professor refutes this point by stating that is hidden costs
The professor refutes this point by stating that it has hidden costs

if they exposed to an environment
if they are exposed to an environment

Sentence: First, the reading claims that the genetically modified trees are designed to be hardier than natural trees.
Error: hardier Suggestion: harder