In the United States, it had been common practice since the late 1960s not to suppress natural forest fires. The “let it burn” policy assumed that forest fires would burn themselves out quickly, without causing much damage. However, in the summer of 1988,

The article is about 'let it burn' policy which allowed fire burn the forest without any suppression in yellowstone. According to critics, is not an ideal policy. It caused damage to the forest and animals. In reading, author provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains it by sating all fires are not just destructive but also constructive. She refutes each of authors point.

First, the reading claims that Yellowstone fire caused tremendous damaged to the trees and vegetation. The professor refutes this point by saying that scorched land was replaced by some another plant species which was never been there. Further, she illustrates this by giving the example of some seeds which can not germinate without fires or some plants started to grow where land was cleared after fire. So according to the professor, fire in a way helped these plants to grow.

Second, the reading posits that fire affected animal life as well. It was responsible in disturbing food chain and habitat. The professor states that some animals got affected by fire but it also gave birth to new food chain. She illustrates this by giving example of rabbit or hare population. When new species began to thrive, it attracted to the new animals like rabbit and hare. Ultimately attracted predator like wolfs and other animals. Fire destroyed one food chain but formed another one.

The reading claims that fire compromised the value of park as a tourist attraction and which in turn had negative impact on local economy. The professor opposes this point by saying fire doesn't happen every year in Yellowstone. In 1988 weather was supportive to cause fire. Rain fall was less and accumulation underground was more and heating condition caused fire. But after that tourist came back and since then it became tourist attraction again.

According to critics, is not an ideal policy.
According to critics, it is not an ideal policy.

by some another plant species which was never been there.
by some other plant species which have never been there.

Sentence: She refutes each of authors point.
Suggestion: Refer to authors and point