Career aspirations

Career aspirations

As a citizen of a small developing country in Central Asia, I am familiar with the main gaps my country has to deal with. The Kyrgyz economy was severely affected by the collapse of the Soviet Union and the resulting loss of its vast market.

When I was a coordinator of Bishkek Business School, I was involved in some marketing activities connected with research and analysis of Kyrgyz market of educational products and services. It was the first time I faced with a number of restrictions of methods I could apply to research the local market and realised that I lacked the relevant experience and knowledges. Furthermore, I figure out that our economy is quite weak and our market of goods and services tends to develop chaotically. And I understood that I want to make a difference in my country. The are not many qualified specialists in the field of marketing in Kyrgyzstan and I decided to become one of the best marketers at least in my country.

As for my plans and career aspirations, there are few companies functioning in the field of marketing and advertising in my country. The main players are Namba Media which provides the whole spectrum of marketing services and M-vector which provides only marketing research services. So my choice is quite restricted.

After I get master’s degree I think It would be great to get an international experience of marketing management, because the field of marketing is quite new for my country and our companies do not have such a big experience in it. First of all, I want to get a short-term internship in such big digital agencies as IDEO, BBDO and Ogilvy and Mather. This experience will help me to gain necessary knowledges about how big digital companies functioning. Choosing between 2 homeland companies I would prefer Namba Media. Working there I will understand the local peculiarities of Kyrgyz market. Mixing both experiences I want to try to create a new digital company which will be able not only to provide marketing services but also to teach people. I know that it sounds very ambitious, but I’m ready to this challenge. Kyrgyzstan has a great potential to develop different fields such as tourism and agribusiness. I strongly believe that proper marketing strategy can make our domestic product and services more competitive. Competitiveness of our local product in its turn will positively contribute to my country’s development.

and our market of goods and services tends to develop chaotically.
and our market of goods and services tend to develop chaotically.