Everybody wants to be somebody. Nobody wants to grow up.

It is natural for everyone to aspire to become better, because no one wants to remain in a particular position for too long. The major problem with this is that not everyone is willing to accept the changes, that comes with moving forward.

Sentimental reasons cause our emotions to get the best of us. So, instead of dealing with such issues and moving forward, we remain in the same position. For example, growing up as a kid, I had a lot of toys and gadgets. When I grew up a little, I loved coming across those toys and gadgets, because it allowed me to relieve the experience of my childhood. Unfortunately, this habit was keeping me from more important things like flexibility and organization. I struggled with it initially, before long, I was able to get rid of most items.

When one becomes too attached to something or someone, it is always difficult to let go. For example, leaving your old house in which you have lived for over ten years. At that time, moving on is probably the best thing to do, especially if you have found a better place. But it becomes difficult to move on due to the memories you have of that particular home.

Another main reason why people resist growth is due to fear. Sometimes, we believe we cannot do well in a new position. For example, a person who has been on a job for several years. He has gotten used to the trick and challenges of the business. Such a person will find moving quite challenging, if a better opportunity comes along. He or she might believe he or she won't do as well in a different business.

Growth just like change is something we are all going to deal with. It may come sooner or later. In some situations, it is good to be sentimental, but it gets to a point when you know the best thing to do; it is to move on. Being too attached to something will only draw you back when you still have a lot to achieve. Fear is the most challenging, but once you make up your mind, the rest is taken care of. If you really want to become somebody, then you must be ready to grow.

Read this link about sentence length SD:
http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater