Should a college education focus on cultivating and encouraging the imagination of students or on teaching basic facts and standards so that we all share a certain amount of common knowledge?

EQUALITY

Even though, there are millions of schools worldwide there are only two systems that these schools are based on. One is focusing on creativity and imagination, whereas the second one is teaching everyone a particular amount of knowledge and data. My standpoint indicates that, education ought to be equal for every student. Therefore, a system, that teaches the same information and evaluates students according to a common exam, is essential. This statement is not a denial of the necessity of imagination among students. However, it is a clarification of the idea that advocates the obligation of a common-knowledge based education system. I will prove my opinion throughout the essay.

Despite, the widely known fact that imagination is the essence of life and one of the most wonderful values possible, it creates an unfair environment in the case of education. There are millions of varying styles and minds. For instance, there are people who have a tendency for economics, whereas there are people who understand from art. In addition, there is a huge difference between the socializing skills of people. Ultimately, a characteristic based system will create an enormous gap between people. Therefore, implementing an education system that is utterly based on imagination of individuals would cause an unbalanced and unequal environment, in which some students would overpower others.

Furthermore, imagination is not a completely reliable source, which makes it risky for students who want to derive a proper outcome. Imagination, which is a skill related to creativity and inspiration, can’t provide a database with strong base. In addition, imaginative figures and projects are not proven, which causes an ambiguity. On one hand, it is a remarkable effect on personalization of knowledge. On the other hand, it is not capable of building a whole network of information by itself.

Those who are opposing that a standard knowledge should be instructed have an extremely narrow scoop and can’t think of others. An imagination based education system seems very attracting if one thinks only of his/her life. However, there are so many people that are eager to learn, but are not good at imaginative production. Therefore, such a system would create unfairness and favoritism.

In conclusion, a system completely based on imagination is intensely impractical. In my opinion, three fourth of it should be data based and the remaining part can depend on imagination. Therefore, an average student will have the same education with the others, who might have various skills and still be able to create personalized productions.

Read this link to understand What is sentence length SD:
http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater