AAP PreK-12 Learning Group Presents Global Forum for Educational Publishers

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Fri, 04/18/2014 - 05:01

Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) April 18, 2014

The PreK-12 Learning Group of the AAP will present a special one-day forum on June 2, 2014 in Washington, DC titled ‘Going Global! A World of Educational Publishing Opportunities’. This event welcomes professionals from across the learning resource industry and is presented in conjunction with the Learning Group’s Content in Context conference.

This forum will give attendees the chance to explore the megatrends driving the future of the sector as well as network, share ideas, and discuss the advantages and practical considerations of global expansion. Leading experts will present findings from a cross-section of markets including South America, Asia and the Pacific Rim, Europe, Canada, and the United States. Interactive case studies, newly introduced this year, will give attendees the opportunity to apply their knowledge to a particular business challenge while benefiting from a unique peer-to-peer learning experience.

Speakers include: Artur Dyro of Learnetic (Poland), Alberto Giordanelli of integ.ro (Columbia), David Glover of Creative Strategies (New Zealand), Anja Hagen of Cornelsen Schulverlage (Germany), Michael Jay of Educational Systemics (USA), Catherine Lucet of Editions Nathan (France), Carl Robinson of ixxus (London), Elizabeth Sarquis of Global Gaming Initiative (USA), Frank Thalhofer of Cornelsen Schulverlage (Germany), and Jaume Vicens of Editorial Vicens Vives (Spain).

‘Going Global’ is part of Content in Context (CIC), the Learning Group’s annual meeting taking place June 2-4, 2014, and is free to all CIC registrants. Those interested in attending can register at http://www.contentincontext.org.

About Content in Context (CIC)

Content in Context was launched in 2010 as a collaboration between the Association of Educational Publishers (AEP) and the School Division of the Association of American Publishers (AAP). Previously known as the AEP Summit, the CIC conference was developed to highlight the need for the diverse community of publishers, content developers, platform architects, and service providers to focus on quality content as the key to successful teaching and learning.

The 2014 meeting, scheduled to take place June 2-4, 2014 at the Capitol Hilton in Washington, DC, is the first CIC to be presented by the new PreK-12 Learning Group, which was created last year as a result of the merger between the School Division of the Association of American Publishers (AAP) and the AEP. Professionals from across the preK-12 resource industry are welcome and can register for the conference online at http://www.contentincontext.org.

About The PreK-12 Learning Group

A division within Association of American Publishers (AAP), the PreK-12 Learning Group serves its diverse membership by providing valuable resources and industry intelligence; fostering a fair, competitive and robust market; and encouraging the development of professional, quality content for teaching and learning. The Learning Group engages state, local, and federal policy leaders on such issues as funding, curriculum, testing, and literacy, and also organizes events, awards, and programs to support professionals at all levels. In 2013, the School Division of the AAP merged with the Association of Educational Publishers (AEP) to form the PreK-12 Learning Group, which combines AAP's proven strengths in advocacy and legal affairs with AEP's successful programs for the benefit of its members. Read more at http://www.aepweb.org.