29)Some people believe that the Earth is being harmed (damaged) by human activity. Others feel that human activity makes the Earth a better place to live. What is your opinion? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Human beings cleverness, inventiveness and activities have modified almost every part of our planet. Human being's innovations have both merits and demerits. Problems and threats are on going process whenever human being invent a new thing. And all these problems are also accelerating as the global population continues to grow. In my view, earth is being harmed by human activities.

First of all, drastic changes in the climate condition have changed the world and people are suffering from many different problems. Among them global warming is the the major issue. For instance, electricity generating from the coal burning power plants releases enormous carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. According to the scientists, human activities are causing the earth to get warmer. There are countless lists of global warming effects from human activities.

In addition, industrial pollution is the number one harm to earth. Industrial revolution, technological development, science advancement and many more have spoiled the earth. Industrial pollution takes many faces. It contaminates many sources such as drinking water, releases unwanted toxins into the air and reduces the quality of soil all over the world. For instance, some industries are using outdated technologies, unplanned industrial growth and many more. Major environmental disasters have been caused due to industrial mishaps.

Furthermore, because of population growth forest have been cut, deforestation is done to make more land available for housing and urbanization, to grow more crops. Deforestation is a big threat to endanger species, carbon emission, soil erosion and lot more.

In short, to fulfill basic desires human beings are damaging the earth in many ways. There is quote saying "To gain something you have to lose something". So i guess human beings are following this quote.

Sentence: Among them global warming is the the major issue.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and the