Is the ability to read and write more important today than in the past? Why and why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Speaking, listening, reading, and writing are very important skills to succeed in life. Speaking and listening can be learned by observing others, but for reading and writing there is a need of education. Everyone should have basic knowledge about these skills. This will help them to save from cheaters. Education is the most important source to obtain knowledge about these skills.

First, education is the need of an hour. In early days, people did not know the importance of education, very few people used to take education. Most people used to work to fulfill their needs and forced their kids to help them. This helped them to bring more money. Many higher post people, those who had authorities used to take the use of these poor people’s illiteracy. For example, People who had authorities used to cheat poor people by taking control over their lands. These poor people could not even recognize that they were cheated, because they could not read and write. This lack of education was keeping them away from progress. So, education is very important to save ourselves from such cheaters.

Second, no one can progress without education. There is a saying that, “Education is the most powerful weapon, which we can use to change the world.” Government is playing very important role to spread the awareness about importance of education. They are providing free school education to all. They started many movements to attract poor people, those who force their kids to work instead of study such as, free meal in schools. This helps to make people aware about education. Result of this that people are becoming more educated than in past. This helps to remove illiteracy and unemployment in the country, which is good for the development of the country.

Although, there are few people who luckily succeed in their life without education, but today it is not possible. We need to have knowledge about reading and writing to succeed in life. It’s the need of an hour.

Avg. Sentence Length: 13.32 21.0 (need more compound or complex sentences)

Read this link to understand What is sentence length SD:
http://www.testbig.com/question/questions-about-essay-e-rater