Is the ability to read and write more important today than in the past Why or why not Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Is the ability to read and write more important today than in the past? Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Recently, the humanity has been witnessing technological advancement in all kind of fields such as in the communication field, medical field, networking field and so on. From my point of view, in order to succeed professionally and keep up with their current job, people more than ever have to have the ability to read and write.

To begin with, not so long ago companies’ managers and CEO used to use face to face communication in order to delegate the companies’ orders and to communicate the companies’ new policies. Therefore, people had to commute to meet up in a determined location in order to attend the company meetings wasting a lot of their commuting time. Nowadays, with the advancement of the communication technologies, people who work for the same company are able to communicate with each other by using their internal communication system. Therefore, whenever a new work policy comes up the company is using their internal email to let their workers to be aware of it.

Moreover, video and telephone conference have been widely used by companies for their regular meetings. This way, people will not waste their time by having to commute from one place to another in order to meet up their coworkers for meetings. Therefore, more than ever people have to have the ability to write and read in order to check their emails and to communicate with their coworkers through the companies’ email system and to get to know in how to deal with the new launched communication system as well.

Furthermore, before in order to work for manufacture in an assembly line position, people were not required to have any writing or reading skills. Basically, the only requirements required in an assembly line position were manual dexterity and willingness to do repetitive work routine every single day. Nowadays, with the advancement in the robotic field not many people are required in an assembly line station since most part of the work have been done by robot. However, those people who still remain working in an assembly line station are required to be able to read and write. Because, in order to keep the robot working and doing their function properly, people have to be able to input the right information into the computer. Therefore, in order to keep up with their current jobs people have to know to read machine’s instructions and input the right information as well.

Finally, in other generations, people used to look for work by knocking manufactures doors or even by showing up personally in small business and they used to have a personal interview arranged right away. Nowadays, with the development of the internet, people have to have the ability to read in order to look for job offers in the internet and manage their computer as well. In addition, people also have to have good writing skills in order to write a descent “resume” with good grammar skills and without any misspelling.

In conclusion, from my point of view, today more than ever people have to have the ability of write and read. With the advancement of the new technology where computers have been used for pretty much everything in our daily life, people have at least to be able to write and read to take advantage of the new technologies, to keep up in their current job as well and to sell themselves by showing off their best qualities in a good written “resume”.

No. of Words: 576 350 (write the essay in half an hour)