Advertisements influence people's behavior in a negative way. Do you agree or disagree with the statement. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

I think that it is a biased idea to say advertisements affect people's behavior badly. Nothing is purely bad or purely good and having a black-and-white vision of the features of human life is not appreciated today. Advertisements are like to sided blades. While they can corrupt the lifestyle of people, it can be used in order to convey some valuable messages.

In its dark side, which unfortunately is the usual use of them, advertisements are meant to persuade individuals to buy or use a specific product or kind of social or economical service. For example, a food stuff company needs to introduce its products to the society to find a market and more than that to compete with its rivals. The social engineering tries to fulfill this request by linking that product to the factors or characters that are popular and generally perceived as good things. Through this way, advertisements cast the idea to the minds and make people to buy that specific food stuff. Now considering the aggregate of various types of advertisements that bombard people continually, it seems that they have just one message "Buy more and be better than others". Consequently, a completely consumer population will form based on such motto.

In the bright side, which should get more credit than now, advertisement can serve the society as a mean of education. Ads are designed to attract attentions and have a persuasive effect on most people. Actually they provide us a valuable opportunity to teach some humanitarian, health, or social issues to society. For example, cigarette smoking as a bad habit can be discouraged through educational ads. Human rights or even simple things such as traffic signs can be learned from advertisements.

In conclusion, I shall clarify that like any other tools that humankind used or is using advertisements can have both positive and negative influences on people behavior. They may encourage the corruptive trend as being only a business tool or improve the social behaviors when being used as an educational tool. Thus I do not fully agree with the given statement.