A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.

Building a new factory near a community is a really serious step and community authorities must consider all pros and cons before making that kind of decision. Everything in our world like a coin has at least two sides. The problem begins when we see only one of them. Before stating my position let's see these ''two sides''.

So, about ''first side''. Building a factory near my community, admittedly, has at least three benefits. Firstly, it creates a series of vacancies. As unemployment is one of the sore spot in our society and in our community as well, opening new work places can be considered as a really good point. Secondly, it increases the community budget, thereby raising standards of living. Thirdly, if it is a large factory it will cause a stream of people from other communities, even from other countries. This means different cultures in one place, which from my point of view is a good thing.

Now, let’s turn the coin over. So, the first thing which directly follows after the word ''factory'' is POLLUTION. Here the type of factory, of course, plays a significant role, but even so called innocent ones can cause environmental problems, such as air, water, soil pollution. And as a result we have acid rains and climate change. Air pollution causes a series of health problems: asthma attacks, allergies, heart and lung diseases, cancers etc.. According to researchers every year more than four and half million people die from the diseases caused exactly by the air pollution. Toxic emissions pollute the soil and water as well. Soil pollutions cause health problems due to the fruits and vegetables grown in polluted area. Also, if it serves as a pasture for domestic animals this directly means that products, such as meat, milk can be also dangerous for the health. Finally, the factories discharge the waste water, which contains many toxic substances, into the rivers, lakes or seas. As a result, water environment changes. This causes decrease or even death of some kinds of marine animals. Besides, water pollution directly affects the humans. Moreover, factories make a lot of noise which affect on human nerves and can cause various mental disorders.

So, on one side of the coin we see some benefits while on the other side there are a lot of dangers and risks. Considering this I oppose to building a factory near the community wherever in the world.

Avg. Sentence Length: 16.2 21.0 (need more compound or complex sentences)