You are hereCompare yourself today and yourself five years ago. In what ways are you the same or different? Use specific examples to support your response.

Compare yourself today and yourself five years ago. In what ways are you the same or different? Use specific examples to support your response.

Davosh's picture

By Davosh - Posted on 14 September 2011

In five years I changed greatly and there are several characteristics of myself that have changed during that period. It seems to me that now I have a great amount of differences and similarities in comparison with me five years ago.

The differences with me now and five years ago are numerous. For example, five years ago I used to spend lingering hours watching TV or playing computer games. I was too lazy to do anything else; actually it was a waste of time. The reason is that spending my time doing such unimportant things I spent less time working or studying my lessons. Therefore I was not successful at school and not only, because even I was going out occasionally. In contrast now I do spend more time doing stuff that is important for me. Also, before I liked to talk much about myself and sometimes I lied, in five years I have understand that it can affect my reputation, thus now I rather act than talk, because actions speak for words.

I may be different in numerous ways: however, there are also things that are the same in me. For example, I maintained my way of competition. It seems to me that it is very important to achieve anything. I remain as motivated now as I was before, to put it another way, if I started anything I tried to finish it anyway. That helped to become what I am now and aim for more wonderful achievements. Also I liked to play tricks on people, of course there were not severe, because after each trick we laughed together. That was amusing and I did not drop that hobby, because this is the most wonderful thing I like to do in leisure time. Thus, I can say that I have also kept some characteristics in the period of last five years.

When all is said and done, I claim that I have changed a lot during five long years. I understand that in some ways I remained the same, but I feel that in many other ways I changed to the good.