Do you agree or disagree with the following statement For success in a future job the ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
For success in a future job, the ability to relate well to people is more important than studying hard in school.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

During all human history, relation between people is very important. We all need relation, and most of us want to have a good connection with other people such as talking to others, making friends, cooperation. And relationships could be one of the great factors of decision making. For example, some might get promotion with the help of good relation to the boss or some famous guy. As a result, there are people claiming that the ability to relate well is the most essential for success. However, as for me, I disagree with the statement. I think studying hard, gaining good ability on learning things, and accumulating knowledge are much more important.

First, if we have good knowledge on our majors, knowing well on how to use it, we can make a firm standing on our future jobs, providing our jobs are relating to our academic studies. The employers want good performance, and the performance of work lies in the ability to do well on tasks, which, of course, needs good ability of our specialties or majors. If we had studied hard in school, we could probably have gained enough skills and knowledge on our majors, resulting in great capability of our specialty. As a consequence, we can succeed in our future jobs.

Second, even if we apply for the jobs which might be different than what we majored in university, we could still be benefited by hard studying. There are many jobs requiring ability, skills, or background knowledge that are not taught in the classrooms. If we want the job, then we need good ability on learning new things, which can be fostered through keeping studying hard in school. If we get this ability, we can succeed on this category of jobs.

Third, even though there really are some people lack of real ability such as good specialty or learning new things who can thrive for good relation to other people, they are not really successful. They might occupy some high-ranked position such as managers or chairmen, but they are lack of the required ability. All the other coworkers would just despise them, and the resulting gossips and bad performance would drive them away. In the end, they will fail. It is one who acquires the needed ability can succeed really, not ones with good relation.

With the three reasons stated above, I disagree with the statement. I believe that only guy possessing good ability, resulting from studying hard in school, can succeed in a future job.