You are hereDo you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. Give specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn. Give specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Davosh's picture

By Davosh - Posted on 23 September 2011

The school and everything that is concerned to it has its effect on student’s education. Some tend to spend more time studying, while others prefer to use this time for different activities. In my view, I believe that this attitude of learning comes not only from students themselves but also from the teachers. So I think that teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn and it has a lot of reasons.

First, teachers can be exacting. To put in another way, how much teachers give students homework as much they become qualified in certain subjects. At my physics classes I never learned, but when the teacher was changed I had to study well, because he gave us a lot of homework to do. It took a great amount of time, but actually I felt the difference and now I am better at it. Therefore, being exacting, teachers do a favor to students, as they start learning better.

Talking sincerely and telling sometimes funny stories teachers interest students in their own subjects. Becoming interested you tend to find out the basics of it. Therefore start learning. My physics teachers besides being exacting used to talk with us like a friend. He joked, told anecdotes; actually everything he said was concerned to his subject. Before I though physics I boring, now I find it colorful. Such teachers should be paid higher due to his reputation among students, which is beneficial for latter’s education.

Students start learning, because they are encouraged or motivated, and this motivation comes from the teachers. I had a teacher who starting the job evaluated everyone with good marks. Some of us started learning better, some still paid little attention to the subject, because they got marks easily. Then the teacher become strict, after they desire for good marks made them learn better. This is wonderful skill of teachers to understand what students need to make their teachers learn.

By doing aforementioned things teachers are considered to be more dedicated to their work, therefore it goes without saying that they should be paid more, because their students spend more time learning, become interested and wish to become the best, which supports their education.

TOEFL essay:What are some important qualities of a good supervisor(boss)? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important. sheppard
It is sometimes said that borrowing money from a friend can harm or damage the friendship. Do you agree? Why or why not? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your answer. sirisiri sticky icon
Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. Neda 80
TOEFL essay hints:Topic 49,50,51 sheppard
Getting advice from friends of an older age would be more valuable than from friends your own age. vicholas
Sample TOEFL essay: Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. sheppard
You have enough money to purchase either house or business. Which would you choose to buy? farzaneh
TOEFL essay: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All students should be required to study art and music in secondary school. Use specific reasons and details to support your opinion. sheppard
Students at a university have a choice of places to live. They may choose to live in university dormitories, or they may choose to live in apartments in the community. Compare the advantages of living in university housing with the advantages of living in Vanan sticky icon
Many people have learned a foreign language in their own country; others have learned a foreign language in the country in which it is spoken. Which is better? Give advantages of each and support your viewpoint. Ariana2811 sticky icon

Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
In some organizations, promotions are based on seniority, while in other organization, promotions are based on performance. Discuss the advantages of each position. Then indicate which position you think is best and why? omidway TOEFL
What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important. zeezoo TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. covinfox Independent TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. zeezoo TOEFL
Sample TOEFL essay: do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer sheppard TOEFL
College days are the best days in person’s life: Agree or disagree Lauren TOEFL
What are some of the factors that students should consider when choosing which college or university to attend? Why are these factors important? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. elma18 TOEFL

Three ways for controlling cane toads in order not to over populate in Australia mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
Own a business. ioanap Integrated TOEFL Writing
You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Whichwould you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
three obstacles which archaeologists confronted in Britain. mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
Topic 14:Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? mandana193 Independent TOEFL Writing
Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. okoronkwoac Independent TOEFL Writing

It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing

Davosh's picture

is it better to give general examples or specific(about me) ones?

no difference basically. but don't just use specific examples for all reasons. we would suggest use one specific example and one or more general examples.

The reasons are not strongly supported why 'Teachers should be paid according to how much their students learn'.

Davosh's picture

why not?

Davosh's picture

2nd and 3rd paragraphs do not support the opinion. Because, if teachers get higher because of the marks, means that all students get higher, not particular ones, that the author describes. Yeah, that can be just opinions. Actually i do not understand them or becausse of disaggreeing with them i cannot see my mistakes in my essay