ETS OFFICIAL IBT TEST-5(SMART CARS)

ETS OFFICIAL IBT TEST-5(SMART CARS)

The passage states that technology will provide smart cars and discusses about the benefits to make driving safer, quicker and less expensive. However, the professor refutes each of the points made in the passage.

First, the reading claims that smart cars will decrease accidents and save lives. The professor refutes this point by saying that failure of technology and the tightly packed roads with smart cars will increase the chances of accidents more than today.

Second, the article posits that smart cars will lessen commuting time and make the driving quicker. However the professor says that it will not decrease commuting time, as history shows that the more convenient vehicles, the more and more people drive it. Increased number of driving will make the road packed with traffic. Hence it can not lessen the commuting time.

Third, the reading says that it will be less expensive. The professor opposes this point by saying that use of technologies and more accidents in case of failure technologies can not make it less expensive. The cost for repair and replacement of parts will be more in comparison to conventional cars.

Need to polish sentences.

Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster