You are hereBefore an exam ,do you think it is better to prepare for a long time or only a few days.give examples and reasons to support.

Before an exam ,do you think it is better to prepare for a long time or only a few days.give examples and reasons to support.

Tolug's picture

By Tolug - Posted on 09 April 2013

Personally, I think it is better to prepare for a long time for an exam than to spend just few days preparing. Take for example the toefl exam, I have being preparing for this exam for over two months now and there are still areas that I need to cover and be well grounded in before the exam so that I can have a good score. Practice, they say makes perfect. The essay topics like the one i am writing now takes time and a lot of practice to master, something that is difficult to achieve in a few days.

In addition to this it, I have discovered that it is always good to spend time preparing because you never can tell what might happen a few days to the exam, take for instance, I was scheduled to take my final exam in the university two years ago and fell Ill a few days to the exam. I was hospitalized and could not study, thankfully I was discharged a day to my exams and if not that I always study long before exams, I would have failed the exams and would not have graduated with my mates. I graduated with top grades because I studied ahead of exams.

Next, from experience I realize that students that study long before exam alway have time to cover up and revise all aspects of subject matter but students that spend just few days end up doing a crash program and just skim through their notes in an attempt to cover up the subject but might not remember what they have read because they have a limited time and usually when results come out, they do not do well compared to those who have invested their time studying the whole semester.

In conclusion, studying long before exams is better than studying a few days to exam because practice makes perfect, to avert unforeseen circumstances and to make excellent grades.

Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it or is it better to save your money for some time in the future? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Which would you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. deepali1234 Independent TOEFL Writing
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
In some organizations, promotions are based on seniority, while in other organization, promotions are based on performance. Discuss the advantages of each position. Then indicate which position you think is best and why? omidway TOEFL
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to study history and literature than it is for them to study science and mathematics. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. covinfox Independent TOEFL Writing
What are some important qualities of a good supervisor (boss)? Use specific details and examples to explain why these qualities are important. zeezoo TOEFL
Sample TOEFL essay: do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people should sometimes do things that they do not enjoy doing. use specific reasons and examples to support your answer sheppard TOEFL
It is better for children to grow up in the countryside than in a big city. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay. zeezoo TOEFL
What historical event in your country has had a major effect nasrin Independent TOEFL Writing
What are some of the factors that students should consider when choosing which college or university to attend? Why are these factors important? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. elma18 TOEFL

You have enough money to purchase either a house or a business. Whichwould you choose to buy? Give specific reasons to explain your choice. okoronkwoac sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
three obstacles which archaeologists confronted in Britain. mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
Three ways for controlling cane toads in order not to over populate in Australia mitranasrabadi sticky icon Integrated TOEFL Writing
Own a business. ioanap Integrated TOEFL Writing
Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. ioanap sticky icon Independent TOEFL Writing
Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. okoronkwoac Independent TOEFL Writing
Topic 14:Some people believe that university students should be required to attend classes. Others believe that going to classes should be optional for students. Which point of view do you agree with? mandana193 Independent TOEFL Writing

4-Day Workweek The popular 5-day workweek has long been a staple in U.S. business. With employees working 8 hours a day for a total of 40 hours a week, it has been seen as a model of efficiency. However, some companies and government agencies have begun c Joanne927 Integrated TOEFL Writing
Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer. BasilMooos91 Independent TOEFL Writing
Many people believe it is very important to make large amounts of money, while others are satisfied to earn a comfortable living. Analyze each viewpoint and take a stand. Give specific reasons for your position. dido272000 Independent TOEFL Writing

Sentence: In addition to this it, I have discovered that it is always good to spend time preparing because you never can tell what might happen a few days to the exam, take for instance, I was scheduled to take my final exam in the university two years ago and fell Ill a few days to the exam.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a pronoun, personal, accusative
Suggestion: Refer to this and it

Sentence: Next, from experience I realize that students that study long before exam alway have time to cover up and revise all aspects of subject matter but students that spend just few days end up doing a crash program and just skim through their notes in an attempt to cover up the subject but might not remember what they have read because they have a limited time and usually when results come out, they do not do well compared to those who have invested their time studying the whole semester.
Suggestion: The sentence is too long