You are hereBefore an exam ,do you think it is better to prepare for a long time or only a few days.give examples and reasons to support.

Before an exam ,do you think it is better to prepare for a long time or only a few days.give examples and reasons to support.

Tolug's picture

By Tolug - Posted on 09 April 2013

Personally, I think it is better to prepare for a long time for an exam than to spend just few days preparing. Take for example the toefl exam, I have being preparing for this exam for over two months now and there are still areas that I need to cover and be well grounded in before the exam so that I can have a good score. Practice, they say makes perfect. The essay topics like the one i am writing now takes time and a lot of practice to master, something that is difficult to achieve in a few days.

In addition to this it, I have discovered that it is always good to spend time preparing because you never can tell what might happen a few days to the exam, take for instance, I was scheduled to take my final exam in the university two years ago and fell Ill a few days to the exam. I was hospitalized and could not study, thankfully I was discharged a day to my exams and if not that I always study long before exams, I would have failed the exams and would not have graduated with my mates. I graduated with top grades because I studied ahead of exams.

Next, from experience I realize that students that study long before exam alway have time to cover up and revise all aspects of subject matter but students that spend just few days end up doing a crash program and just skim through their notes in an attempt to cover up the subject but might not remember what they have read because they have a limited time and usually when results come out, they do not do well compared to those who have invested their time studying the whole semester.

In conclusion, studying long before exams is better than studying a few days to exam because practice makes perfect, to avert unforeseen circumstances and to make excellent grades.