Getting advice from friends who are older than you is more valuable than getting advice from friends your same age

Getting advice from friends who are older than you is more valuable than getting advice from friends your same age.

We usually come across with many kinds of troubles which we can hardly deal with by ourself That is why we need to turn to others for help. As for the advice, I prefer to those who are much older than me (rather than to)my fellowship. I would like to deeply discuss my viewpoint in the following three aspects.

Firstly, the older are capable of giving us lessons based on their various experience. Especially when we are confronting with several similar choices, it is difficult for us to make decisions referring to our own judgement. If we ask for our peers, they possibly get into the difficult situation as well since the truth that they have never carried the distinguished methods out one by one. However, when it comes to the older, it proved pretty easy for them to tell you the wiser choice as they have experienced some of the ways, or, as least, have heard from their friends or teachers. Say, when you are wondering if you need to read some news to improve your English reading, few of your friends have done it or they gave it up at the half. Rather, the older would not only encourage you read it as more as possible, but also recommend you some authentic newspaper in their mind.

Secondly, the older are inclined to view things with the consideration of long term effects while the younger just the short term. Human beings are rational people mostly, which means we do things intentional and judge them by the value that they can bring us in the future. the younger, who are much more eager to success, always get into the situation they can just see the profit before their eye. In comparison, the mature people who get more education from their life have learned that they have to take control of themselves and endeavor for the long-term profit, which believed to be more beneficial. In the finance market, the naive investor cannot wait to earn the money hence they speculate to win in the short term. But the consequence is always the opposite; they will find out that they are losing money one day. But for the mature investor they will invest in the long term, the money will come slowly to their pocket for the prize of the wisdom to see in the long term. The same as the adviser, if we can get help from the older, we will definitely gain more in the future.

Admittedly, the peers can better understand your situation you are in as they may be in that difficulty as well. But the pioneers can also understand you by your introduction and communication between you and themselves, in addition, they are able to analyze the reason and give you some long-term guide based on their experience.