High School should allow students to study the courses that students want to study

High School should allow students to study the courses that students want to study.

Some people think that High Schools should allow students to study the courses that students want to study; others believe that High School Curriculum should decide what courses the students needs in order to graduate. Personally, I believe that the second opinion is better, so I disagree with the statement. In the following paragraphs I will give some arguments that support my opinion.

First of all, I believe that following a curriculum is better for their future careers. A standard curriculum will measure their abilities and will guide them the best way possible in choosing the best suitable career. For instance if the student realizes that he can be successful in math because he took all the math courses available in high school and he had the best scores it will help him to choose a career where he can use his knowledge. For example he will know that he can be an engineer one day. Maybe if he would not followed a curriculum he would not choose to take math courses and he would not ever found out that he is so good at it.

Second of all, the students at the high school level are not mature enough to choose the best courses for them, they might choose the easiest or what they like instead of what they need for their future. Every student that want to get a degree needs an understanding of some terms, he needs to have a basic level in every subject. This will help him later on when he needs to make a decision on what he wants to do in the future.

Last but not at least, they need a strong foundation to build on their knowledge in college.If they do not have a guidance they might choose just what they like and that might not bring them enough credits to get in college.

In conclusion even thought some students think they are able to choose the courses they need, I believe that at that age, they need guidance, so it is better for them and their future to take the courses that are required by the school.

Sentence: Maybe if he would not followed a curriculum he would not choose to take math courses and he would not ever found out that he is so good at it.
Description: The fragment not followed a is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace followed with verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive

Don't put two examples in one paragraph. For example ...For instance...