How do movies or television influence people s behavior Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer

How do movies or television influence people's behavior? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

These days, television and movies play a great role in our lives. They keep us entertained and informed. Aside from their benefits, they have their negative side, too. From my point of view, they influence our behavior badly. I feel this way for two main reasons. First, they are widely promoting violence and drinking habit in the society. Second, they make us less active and less social. For these reasons, I feel that they have some undesirable effects on people’s behavior.

One significant point to take into account is that today’s movies and television programs are full of homicide, violence, and drinking scenes. They extensively publicize aggression among people, especially young children and juveniles who are greatly vulnerable and impressible. This kind of unfavorable scenes might easily affect them, and they might try to intimate what they have seen, as we often observe that children after watching a violent movie start bullying each other. Besides, frequent display of alcohol drinking encourages and tempts people to use alcohol more and more, particularly when they face a problem. For instance, I often watch high-rated movies. Drinking is quite common in these movies. They really tempt me to try it for once, although I loathe it much.

Another important point is that TV and movies confine us to our coaches. Nowadays, people often tend to spend their spare time watching TV rather than going out and spending time with their friends and family. Even, So to speak, many people eat their food in front of TV instead of having it with their family. This kind of behaviors weakens family and social relationships and leads us towards more solitary lifestyle. Besides, this mass media has made our lifestyle more sedentary, since the more we watch TV, the less we exercise and do outside activities. Of course, immobility will cause many health problems such as obesity and heart diseases. For instance, a few years ago, I used to get regular exercises, but now I prefer to watch movie instead, so I have gained ten kilograms extra weight. Also, I spend less time with my family, and I do not go to parties and family occasions anymore, because I enjoy watching movies more.

In conclusion, I believe that TV and movies have some adverse effects on people’s behavior. This is because they considerably increase violence and some other bad habits, and they decrease mobility and social activities. In brief, besides their advantages, they have these detrimental influences.