If you could go back to some time and place in the past when and where would you go Why Use specific reasons and details to support your choice

If you could go back to some time and place in the past, when and where would you go? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.

Who has not dreamt about traveling in time? Think about it and it is probable that you have sailed inside your mind remembering some passages that you consider important. Most people would like to relive some marvelous stage of their life or be in some place where happened important things. I would definitely choose the second choice. Therefore I wanted to go back in time and live in the nineteen century when my country was fighting the Pacific War against Chilean people. The exact place that I would choose is Tacna, which is a city frontier to Chile, for the reasons that I will develop following.

First and foremost, the Pacific War is a war that still continues in all Peruvian hearts at present for the quantity of territory stolen. This war arose by the interest of Chile to expand itself and take over zones which were rich for commercial business. Thus, Peru lost many places because of the superiority of Chilean forces but with the courage of some Peruvian heroes. The main reason which I want to travel to that time is for fighting with those persons although it is possible that I die in the intent. But for Peruvian people, that War means more than a simple loss of territory, it represents a meaningful loss of knowledge because some additional events and clear impotence of only realizing what happened.

Secondly, there are many stories created for both countries around the events of the Pacific War. Another of my goals is to find out what really happened in some exact events which developed in Tacna. This city represents all Peruvians because it returns to Peru forty years later after being trapped by Chile. There are stories which tell that Chilean took over Tacna and Arica (city next to Tacna) because of the Peruvian soldiers gave up because the powerful Chilean force. However, we are taught that soldiers from Peru fought every battle with honor. I am not completely sure about that because for each reason there are many details which support each one. Traveling in time to that era and city will make aware of the truth. It would be sad for me to notice that Peruvian fighters gave up without opposing resistance.

Last but not least, it could sound crazy but returning to that stage of history of Peru could allow me to change the history. Nowadays it is known that it still impossible to travel in time to the past, but if I could, I would return and do my best to change the history. The main point that I would put my effort is about the bad political decisions that our presidents took in that era.

In a nutshell, for all these reasons, I can reach the conclusion that although there are more important dates and places in order to go back in time, the best choice that I could take is return to relive the stage of the Pacific War because it would allow me to fight with my heroes, know the truth about some passages and try to change this tragical end.

It is on top list:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/toefl