Importance of the Family to Teenagers

Importance of the Family to Teenagers

It is not uncommon to go to a home and find the teenagers either absent or nonchalant with the happenings around them. Most teenagers prefer to live alone or with other teenagers.In short, teenagers want out.These teenagers fail to realise the past, present and future gains from interaction with family. The family has been important to us, humans, from the beginning of life. For instance, education starts from the family. We learn to speak, walk, relate to others, meaning of facial expressions and many other important things that schools cannot teach us in a class. , started seeking for freedom from this "boundary" called family.

During the adolescent age, teenagers face a lot of challenges that require a lot of guidance for proper and safe passage. Experience is the best teacher, and since the teenagers have not been teenagers before, the best teaching they can get to help them in their chaalenges has to be fro their parents, uncles, aunts, grand parents and other older relatives, Family!

Most of the times that teenagers are in bad moods, the reason will be that they were or are not appreciated as they think they should be. A boyfriend dumps her, a science-fair does not think his project is the best, examples of non-appreciative gestures. The last resort and place where no matter what you'll be appreciated is the family. Even though the boyfriend dumped her, her family will never dump her. His project will always be appreciated at home irrespective of what the science-fair thinks.

What about the people without families, or worse still, with bad families. Well, most convicts(especially those of rape) had alarming family background, or no family background. Thankfully, some foundations (like Obediah foundation in Nigeria) fill the void but to an extent though.