integrated essay, official toefl ibt tests.test-2.

The lecture states about the evidences and lack of evidences which cast serious doubts about the passage. Both the passage and lecture discuss upon three theories about the great houses in Chaco canyon.

First theory is that the great houses were used for residential purpose, which the lecture refutes, as there are no many fire places and it has rooms to accommodate hundreds of people. So this theory is not a convincing one to be residential purpose, though it looks like apartment houses.

Secondly, the lecture casts doubt upon the food storage theory, due to insufficient evidences like large storage tank or containers. The spilled & moist maize proves that it was not used for storing food.

Third theory says that they were used as ceremonial center. However the lecture disagrees with this because the place was filled with large construction materials such as sand, stones and building materials. Also it might be used as the regular thrash for the left over by the construction people.

To conclude, the lecture casts serious doubt about all the three theories about the great houses to be used as residence, food storage and ceremonial center with proper evidences.

Sentence: First theory is that the great houses were used for residential purpose, which the lecture refutes, as there are no many fire places and it has rooms to accommodate hundreds of people.
Description: 'as there are no many fire places'