Integrated TaskEvery year, forest fires and severe storms cause a great deal of damage to forests in the northwestern United States. One way of dealing with the aftermath of these disasters is called salvage logging, which is the practice of removing dead

Salvage logging, after each disaster, is necessary in order to remove dead trees from affected areas in the forest. The passage mentions three reasons to show that salvage logging is beneficial both to a damaged forest and to the economy. However, the professor in the lecture is contradictory with the writer's ideas.

First, the writer claims that dead trees are obstacles for the new tree growth. Salvage logging helps forest areas recover for fresh growth. The professor demonstrates that cleaning up the forest of dead trees is not necessary for tree growth. In fact, natural decomposition makes a suitable condition for new trees.

Second, contrary to the passage that decaying wood is a suitable habitat for harmful insects, the professor says that the rotting wood is also a good habitat for birds and other kind of animals which are profitable for the forest.

Finally, the author states that salvage logging has economic benefits. The damaged tree can provide much wood that is useful by industries. In addition, salvage logging creates more jobs for local residents. In contrast, the speaker tells that salvage logging needs to the helicopter which is very expensive. meanwhile, this work requires to skilful and experienced workers.

Sentence: In contrast, the speaker tells that salvage logging needs to the helicopter which is very expensive. meanwhile, this work requires to skilful and experienced workers.
Error: skilful Suggestion: skillful