Integrated Writing In the United States employees typically work five days a week for eight hours each day However many employees want to work a four day week and are willing to accept less pay in order to do so A mandatory policy requiring companies to o

Integrated Writing
In the United States, employees typically work five days a week for eight hours each day. However, many employees want to work a four-day week and are willing to accept less pay in order to do so. A mandatory policy requiring companies to offer their employees the option of working a four-day workweek for four-fifths (80 percent) of their normal pay would benefit the economy as a whole as well as the individual companies and the employees who decided to take the option.

The shortened workweek would increase company profits because employees would feel more rested and alert, and as a result, they would make fewer costly errors in their work. Hiring more staff to ensure that the same amount of work would be accomplished would not result in additional payroll costs because four-day employees would only be paid 80 percent of the normal rate. In the end, companies would have fewer overworked and error-prone employees for the same money, which would increase company benefits.

For the country as a whole, one of the primary benefits of offering this option to employees is that it would reduce unemployment rate. If many full-time employees started working fewer hours, some of their workload would have to be shifted to others. Thus, for every four employees who went on an 80 percent week, a new employee could be hired at the 80 percent rate.

Finally, the option of a four-day workweek would be better for individual employees. Employees who could afford a lower salary in exchange for more free time could improve the quality of their lives by spending the extra time with their families, pursuing private interests or enjoying leisure activities.

Questions:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?

Essay topics in audio

The article states that company benefits more when add an option to employees that the five-day working employees can work for four days and receive 80 percent of normal pay. However, the professor explains that offering four-day workweek to employees is not reasonable and refutes all three author’s reasons.

First, The reading claims that offering extra option for working four-day raises the company benefits and as a result of this offer is that employees would have less errors in their work and also company can hire more staff for the same money, which it used before offering. The professor rejects this point by saying that hiring more employees would be accompanied with spending more money because new staffs need office space, computers and also medical insurance.

Secondly, the article posits that one of the benefits of the option is that unemployment rate would be decreased. According to the professor, in this situation the company would be forced to ask its employees to do the remained works since hiring new staffs is more costly. Therefore, no additional job would be available, yet the current jobs would be unpleasant for employees.

Finally, The reading says that one result of offering four-day option is that employees can spend much time with their families and thus improve their life’s quality. The professor opposes this reason by mentioning that in this respect the employee jeopardize his/her situation. Some risks that would be the consequences of this option are decreasing their job ability and improvement and thus they would lose their job, because in sensitive economic status, company would prefer hire five-day worker.

First, The reading claims that offering extra option for working 4 day raise the company benefits due to as a result of this offer is that employees would have less errors in their work and also company can hire more staff for the same money it used to before offering.
Suggestion: Can you re-write this sentence?

the hiring new staffs is more costly.
the hiring of new staffs is more costly.
or hiring new staffs is more costly.

as a result of offering four-day option is that ...
Description: what is the subject for is?

Still have grammatical issues. They are hidden. Read a good grammar book.