It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends

It is more important to keep your old friends than it is to make new friends.

Although some people believe that keeping the old friends, is more important than making new friends, but it seems to me the old friends should keep beside the new friends; in fact, making new friends is the main part in every person's life because of two reasons.

To begin with the different time periods that everybody experiences in his personal and social life. Based on three distinct eras (the past, the present, and the future) that all of us experience, we define our friends; we have so many memories about our past, the past includes the firsts people we have met. Most of the childhood memories are about the old friends that for instance, you have had in the school. Making friends is a gradual process and it happens occasionally or by an accident. It is possible that you do not find new people like your old friends, but it does not mean that you cannot meet people as good as your old friends or sometimes even better. Every person gets familiar with new faces with diverse characters; so, it is inevitable to involve with them. Sometimes, they are being too close to you that you cannot ignore them as a person who is not important to you. For example, in my personal life I have many friends; some of them are too old and some are people who I have met them recently. In a period of my life, I decided not to engage with someone new, on the other hand, I decided to keep my old friends. But honestly, it did not happen; after finishing high school and starting the new period at university, I got familiar with someone that ignoring him as a friend was impossible. After those periods, every day I expect to visit new faces with interesting characters for making valuable friends.

Also, based on different eras that everybody experiences, considering the level of person's knowledge and thought in every period sounds relevant. In the childhood, person has certain understanding about his real world; he sees the world so simple and makes friends based on the simple and achievable purposes like playing games, or eating a delicious food. The conditions and the goals in youthful is totally different; people in this time build their relationship based on mutual benefits. The aftertime period comes after the youthful and the feature of life and people that the person gets familiar with them totally changes.

To sum up, as it is clear, in every period the expectations are vary from time to time and you need to make new friends based on your needs. So, it is more important to make new friends than to keep just your old friends.

the different time periods that everybody experiences in his personal and social life.
Description: what is the verb for this sentence?

Sentence: Based on three distinct eras the past, the present, and the future that all of us experience, we define our friends; we have so many memories about our past, the past includes the firsts people we have met.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to firsts and people