People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment-doing things they like to do-rather than doing things they should do.

In this fast developing world full of stress and worries enjoyment is really important in order to lead a healthy and happy life. This enjoyment can be personal that is enjoyment for our own pleasure and well being. The time that is to be devoted to enjoyment by each person depends on the conditions and requirements of that person.

Consider a person who is into a job that is basically concentrated on sitting in front of a computer and doing research. Continuing life in this manner without long breaks would certainly result in an unhealthy and a relatively short-spanned life. So, if that person goes to the gym and spends a lot of time in doing the exercise and maintaining a fit body, then this is not wrong. Going to the gym can be personal enjoyment for that person as it relieves him from all the tensions and worries and more importantly from the stress that he faces by sitting in front of the computer for long durations. So, in this situation, if he spends more time in personal enjoyment, then it is for his good as well as for the company or the firm he is working with. Because if he remains fit and healthy, then only he will be able to carry out his job properly and accurately as “A healthy mind dwells in a sound body”.

Now consider a situation in which the person is in the same condition that is, he is into the same job of sitting around and working on the computer. But he finds personal enjoyment in social networking. He is busy all the day chatting with the friends on the social networking sites or just surfing the web. In this particular situation, the concept of personal enjoyment goes wrong as not only the person is playing with his health but also is not sincere in doing his job. He is more busy in doing the things he like to do rather than doing the things he should do. There is a loss of both health and work.

Enjoyment is an integral part of life but the time devoted to that varies and a balance between enjoyment and work should be maintained. People should try to bridge the gap between the things they like to do in which they find accomplishment or peace of mind and the things they should do that is the duties that they have to carry out. This could also be achieved if a person tries to follow his passion and adopt his personal enjoyment as his job. Like consider the example of a person who likes to maintain his body and spends a lot of time at the gym. So, that person can be a good fitness trainer or a gym instructor. Also, if a person finds enjoyment in cooking. Then he should try his hands in culinary art and can be a good chef. In this way, the balance between the work and enjoyment is achieved by adopting that job.

So, the time that people spend on personal enjoyment varies on the conditions and the situation of a person. What personal enjoyment means to one person can be entirely different for the other one that is, it is a waste of time or rather less important for one can be more important to another person. So, it also depends on a person’s perspective and it cannot be judged effectively whether more time should be spent on doing things that one should do rather than on what one likes to do.

In this fast developing world full of stress and worries enjoyment is really important
In this fast developing world full of stress and worries, enjoyment is really important

Sentence: He is more busy in doing the things he like to do rather than doing the things he should do.
Description: The fragment he like to is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace like with verb, past tense

Duplicate words or sentences. Look: