Essay topics: People work because they need money to live. What are some other reasons that people work? Discuss one or more of these reasons. Use specific examples and details to support your answer.
Money is very important to live and to earn that money people need to work. This is one of the main reasons of work, but I believe that money is not everything. We cannot buy happiness with money. There are many other reasons of work, such as to gain experience, to help others, and for physical and mental exercise which give satisfaction to people. These people work for happiness, satisfaction and relaxation and not for money.
First, people work to gain experience. Many students work to gain experience and not to earn money. Some students do part time job while studying. From my own experience, I used to do a part time job while studying just to gain a practical experience. It helped me a lot, because the organization, in which I was working, allowed me to complete my project work there. That was very useful, because whatever I was learning in college was the same thing I was practicing at job. That was a practical experience which was more important at that stage than money. So, I believe many people work to earn experience.
Second, some people like to do social work, such as volunteering. Many people volunteer in Library or in Community. We can see many old age people do such work for the sake of satisfaction and not for money. They do this work to spend their time. Not only old age people do such work, but also all age people work for different reasons. For example, I am here in United States on my dependent visa. I am not allowed to work here, but I can work as a volunteer. So, I volunteer to help others. It allows me to make new friends; spend my time; and learn new things, such as language. English is not my Native language. When I go to volunteer in library, it gives me chance to communicate with native people, which help me to understand and speak English language. This also gives me chance to learn new things.
Finally, money is essential to live and this is the main reason of work. Besides that people work for satisfaction, happiness, to help others, and to spend their time and not only for money.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||younes.tatari||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 2 months ago||Wafaa||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||apurva||77.5||Read full essay|
|1 year 9 months ago||anubhav1989||70||Read full essay|
|2 years 5 months ago||hajarisfahan||67.5||Read full essay|
|2 years 9 months ago||vicky123||64.28570000000001||Read full essay|
|2 years 9 months ago||apurva||58.3333||Read full essay|
|3 years 1 month ago||annisak||74||Read full essay|
- Many people visit museums when they travel to new places. Why do you think people visit museums? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)
- Children get a better education at a small school rather than at a large one.Do you agree or disagree with the above statement?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (86.66670000000001)
- TOEFL integrated writing: The sea otter (72.5)
- Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (93.33329999999999)
- Plants can provide food, clothing, shelter or medicine. What is one kind of plant that is important to you or to the people in your country? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your choice. (82)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?Government should focus its budgets more on environmental protection than on economy.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (86.66670000000001)
- Does advertising reflect the culture?Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (90)
- It has been said, "Not everything that is learned is contained in books." Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why? (56.6667)
- Is it better to enjoy your money when you earn it, or is it better to save for some time in the future? (73.5)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following sentence? The technological and scientific development makes the earth the better place to live.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (80)